We want to thank everyone for their support in the reopening of Tamworth Sixth Form. It has been wonderful to welcome you to the Academy.
As you may be aware, there has been much coverage in the media regarding the wearing of face coverings in schools. From Tuesday, 1 September, all students and staff in our secondary and sixth form academies will be required to wear face coverings in corridors and communal areas.
Sarah Findlay-Cobb, the Trust’s CEO, has published a letter (below) that further explains the Trust’s position on face coverings for secondary Academies. Additional information for those wearing face coverings can also be found below.
Face coverings information
What will I need?
You will need to come to the Academy with:
- A face covering. A reusable one is recommended so it can be used more than once during the day. If this isn’t an option, you will need to bring several single-use face coverings each day. Your face covering should be secured to your head using ear loops only.
- A sealable plastic bag to keep your face covering in when you’re not using it so it doesn’t contaminate (or get contaminated by) other surfaces.
Where can I get a face covering?
Reusable and single-use face coverings are available to buy in shops or online.
When will face coverings need to be worn?
Students and staff will be required to wear face coverings in malls, hallways, corridors and whilst waiting in lines.
How should I use my face covering?
We recommend you watch the World Health Organisation video below so you know how to wear your face covering safely.
- Your face covering needs to cover your nose and mouth when you’re wearing it.
- You shouldn’t touch the front of the face covering or the part that’s touched your mouth or nose.
- You should wash your hands before and after touching the face covering, including to take it off or put it on.
- You should store it in an individual, sealable plastic bag between uses.
- If it becomes damp, you shouldn’t wear it, and you should replace it carefully.
- Single-use face coverings should be disposed of after use (not in a recycling bin).
How often will it need to be washed?
Reusable face coverings will need to be washed at the end of each day, ready for you to wear the next day.
You can wash and dry reusable face coverings with normal laundry – follow the washing instructions for the fabric and use normal detergent.
What if I am exempt from wearing a face covering?
You won’t need to wear one. Please ensure the Academy is aware if you’re exempt so that we don’t ask you to wear a face covering.