Welcome from the Principal
At Tamworth Sixth Form, we believe that all young people deserve a sixth form that gives them every opportunity to succeed and supports them to make the most of every chance.
We are privileged to be the starting point of adulthood for young people in our town. Whilst many of our students move on to top universities, we know this isn’t for everyone. We also offer a strong selection of sought-after professional options leading to apprenticeships and careers.
Our students are young adults and we trust them to study in the way that works best for them. Outside of lessons they choose how they want to learn, whether this is working in groups in our state-of-the-art library or taking the opportunity for some quiet revision at home.
We are increasingly finding that students are choosing to come to us from outside Tamworth as well as from within the town. Our aim is to be truly accessible to everyone, but to create a tailored experience for each of our students.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you would like to visit us and find out how we can support you to achieve your ambitions.
About the Academy
Tamworth Sixth Form opened in 2013 as part of the Landau Forte Charitable Trust family of schools and now caters to over 500 students from across Tamworth and its surrounding areas.
Combining high-quality teaching and a rich, varied curriculum, we aim to provide the very best educational experience for all our students. We help our students choose the right path by providing personalised support and careers guidance.
Our impressive facilities mean that we can cater for students’ different talents, hobbies and interests. From our performing arts theatre and sports pitches to the library and private study areas, students have the space to discover and develop.
Ethos & Culture
Our ethos and approach are underpinned by high expectations of what every student can achieve. Across the sixth form, we strive to:
- Maintain a culture of high standards, a shared determination to achieve and a commitment to continuously improve
- Support students to achieve the qualifications they need to succeed, through high-quality teaching and a rich, varied curriculum
- Actively promote a ‘can do’ attitude – our students are resilient and autonomous learners
- Provide a smart, business-like environment where students work with staff on the basis of mutual respect
- Create a culture of success where achievement is rewarded and where individual talents and interests are celebrated
- Deliver personalised next steps guidance – whether that be for Higher Education, training or careers – and work experience that employers really value
- Provide opportunities for students to show leadership and enterprise, to challenge themselves and to grow in confidence as young adults
- Nurture in students the ability to adapt and thrive in the modern world – from technological and communications skills to understanding how industry operates
About The Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust is a family of six Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands.
Established in 1989, our roots as a Charity lie in the global finance and hospitality industries, with our founders Martin Landau and Rocco Forte. Their values combine in how our schools look after their children and young people; they aspire to a world-leading standard of innovation, entrepreneurship, service and care.
We believe a brilliant education should be central to the development of every child and young person. Their learning, wellbeing and happiness is at the centre of every decision we take and every pound we spend.
Annual Report & Accounts
Directors & Trustees
|Martin Landau||President of the Trust, Principal Founding Sponsor, Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Mike Davies, OBE||Chair of the Board of Directors and Trustee|
|The Hon Mrs Olga Polizzi, CBE||Deputy Chair of the Board of Directors and Trustee|
|The Hon Sir Rocco Forte||Founding Sponsor, Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Margaret Bell||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Rosemary Morgan||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Terence Ousley||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Alex Polizzi||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Simon Shooter||Board of Directors and Trustee|
|Keith Doble||Board of Directors|
|David Shore||Board of Directors|
|Leah Charlesworth||Board of Directors|