The Academy’s vision is to enhance students’ understanding of the world by guiding them in their educational journey with care and compassion. We develop young people to enjoy learning and progress with integrity, regardless of their differences or abilities.
As an academy we will offer an inspiring environment so that our students are able to succeed in a rapidly changing world. We firmly believe that to fully enrich the life chances of our students we will provide them with guidance and experiences, which will enhance their awareness of the challenges and opportunities for life beyond the Academy.
Our ethos, entrenched in every lesson, ensures respect, resilience and independence. We work in conjunction with our key stakeholders to ensure that students achieve.
Our curriculum aims to be:
- ambitious for all students;
- coherently planned and sequenced;
- successfully adapted, designed and developed for students with special educational needs and/or disabilities;
- broad and balanced
Through the delivery of a knowledge- based curriculum, we want students to:
- Achieve the best academic outcomes that they can as a springboard for a bright and successful future.
- Have a range of opportunities within the classroom and beyond that give students the opportunity for greater life choices.
- Become well-rounded individuals; socially, emotionally, spiritually and morally.
- Be confident in articulating viewpoints and ideas clearly and confidently in both the spoken and written form.
Put simply, we believe that all students have a right to the highest quality of teaching and learning.
We view the Curriculum as the sum total of all the learning experiences within the Academy not simply the identifiable subjects. Consequently, the learning programmes extend beyond the requirements of the National Curriculum and subject boundaries. They intend to fully develop you so that you may successfully contribute to a modern and increasingly global society.
We are committed to providing you with the best quality education to enable you to move, confidently, onto University, Apprenticeship or Employment. We have a very wide range of Level 3 courses available coupled with re-take GCSE courses in English and Mathematics. This should enable you to select the appropriate range of courses for your individual requirements.
If you would like more information about the curriculum the Academy follows then please contact us.
Our prospectus contains a comprehensive guide to Sixth Form Education, providing an insight into all the courses we offer. It is designed to help you make informed decisions about your future studies. It contains information on the admissions criteria, application procedure and detailed information about each subject. You can download our Course Booklet below: