Inspiring young people to achieve
Work experience provides a vital opportunity for our 16-18 year old students to gain employability skills, enrich their learning and open their eyes to the opportunities ahead of them.
Landau Forte seeks work experience opportunities for all of our learners studying A Level and BTEC courses in a range of subjects. Our 16 to 19 Curriculum Offer is not just about gaining academic or vocational qualifications. We want our students to receive an enriched, rounded and well grounded education, that offers life skills.
By offering work experience, employers can help lay the foundations for young people’s futures and gain benefits from the exercise themselves.
Why should you offer work experience?
Benefits to Your Business
- You can actively address skills shortages in the region
- You can identify and inspire prospective future employees
- The opportunity for your staff to develop skills in supervision and delegation
- Knowledge and ideas transfer from students to your staff
- It raises the profile of your business in the community
- It can help you to achieve employers’ Corporate Social Responsibility objectives by helping to reduce youth unemployment
Benefits to Students
Work experience provides them with the knowledge, skills and experience to help them secure an apprenticeship, employment or Further/Higher education course following their studies.
- Work experience can motivate students to do well in their studies and give the opportunity to practise theory learnt in the classroom
- It provides students with greater knowledge of organisations and careers and can raise aspirations
- It is a great opportunity to practise and develop employability skills
- It builds self confidence
There are a number of different ways you can help students to experience the world of work. We would be delighted to hear from you if you can offer any opportunity to our students. Please contact: